Problems We Solve
Tax Solutions helps you solve almost any tax challenge you face:
Payroll tax problems
Unfiled tax returns
Solutions We Use
The techniques we use to resolve client tax problems are available to any taxpayer, and they are actually appreciated by the IRS Collection Division staff members because they help get taxpayers back into the tax system. These techniques include:
- Offers in Compromise. Getting the IRS to accept less than the full amount owed in full settlement of the client's tax liabilities.
- Requesting an appeal. Request that the IRS re-examine your case in order to reduce the amount you owe.
- Penalty Abatements. Convincing the IRS or State that the client's late filing and late payment were due to reasonable causes and getting them to refund penalties already paid.
- Filing Delinquent Returns. The IRS will often already have prepared Substitutes for Returns (SFRs) on which they do not allow the additional deductions, exemptions, or business expenses that would appear on a return filed by the taxpayer. Filing of these returns can immediately reduce the amount the IRS or State is attempting to collect.
- Filing Amended Returns. Determining that there were missed deductions or other benefits on originally filed returns and filing amendments reducing the total amount owed.
- Offering a payment plan. Offer the IRS a payment plan that is workable for you.
- Contacting the Office of Taxpayer Advocate Sometimes you can’t get the IRS' attention, they don't handle your situation properly, or you’ve tried the normal channels with no success and need prompt action. The Taxpayer Advocate is a trained professional who will look into your situation and can issue a taxpayer assistance order directing the IRS to take or not to take a specific action.
- Replacing Substitutes for Returns The IRS prepares a "Substitute for Return" (SFR) when they are made aware of a taxpayer's income by another party, but the taxpayer did not file a return. Usually, this happens when the IRS has received W-2s or 1099s reporting income earned. An SFR gives the taxpayer the standard deduction and one exemption. It does not allow for any offsetting business expenses, itemized deductions or other dependents. Often, just by filing a return to replace an SFR, the tax actually owed is significantly reduced (and sometimes eliminated).
Successful Results We Achieve
Tax Solutions saves money, time and provides peace of mind. You get your life back . . . untold hours are saved by leaving the work to professionals. Finally, your normal taxpayer status is re-established with the IRS, and you receive peace of mind from knowing your tax troubles have been resolved.
But don't take our word for it! Read some of our client testimonials!